Media and Credential Use Conditions Agreement
All media credential requests can be made by contacting Lynde Hoopes, Utah Athletics, LHoopes@huntsman.utah.edu.
- The University issues credentials only to an accredited agency (the “Agency”) solely to provide access to a representative of the Agency (the “Representative”) for a legitimate working function (media or game service) in connection with this specific athletic event (the “Event”). Each credentialed media member must be working on a specific assignment for a legitimate news organization.
- The Agency and Representative agree that any Agency Materials taking the form of film, video, or digital recordings (“Video Materials”) may only be used in connection with a regularly scheduled television newscast aired by the Agency within a 48-hour period following the Game, and further agree that the use of Video Materials from the Game in such newscasts shall not exceed three (3) minutes in length. Only television stations and the official websites of the participating schools are allowed to broadcast such recordings. Representative shall not transmit or display any video, audio, pictures, photographs or other non-text-based accounts of the Game in any media while a live network presentation of the Game is in progress, except with the advance written permission of the School.
- The Agency and Representative are expressly prohibited from using any photographic and/or audio records taken or created by the Representative during the Event (the “Agency Materials”) for any news or editorial purposes not described above, or for any non-news and/or non-editorial purposes including, but not limited to, advertising, commercialization, and other sale or distribution to third parties.
- The University is the exclusive owner of all copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights in its names, logos, uniformed designs, and in the Event and all records of the Event, subject only to the limited uses expressly permitted herein.
- Each of the Agency and the Representative acknowledge that the Event may involve the risk of serious injury, death, or property damage. Each of the Agency and the Representative assumes all risk, danger, and liability incidental to the Event or arising in connection with the use of the credential. To the fullest extent permissible by law, each of the Agency and the Representative releases the University from any and all liabilities resulting from injuries or personal property loss occurring at the Event or in connection with the use of the credential and all liabilities resulting from injuries or personal property loss occurring at the Event or in connection with the use of the credential.
- The Agency and Representative shall, jointly and severally, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the University against any and all claims, losses, causes of action, judgments, damages and expenses resulting from or arising out of Agency’s or Representative’s (a) breach of this Agreement, (b) use of the University’s premises, (c) intellectual property licensing violations or copyright infringement, or (d) act, error, or omission except where such claims, losses, causes of action, judgments, damages or expenses result solely from the negligent acts or omission or willful misconduct of the University.
- The credential is issued to a Representative, is non-transferable and may be revoked by the University at any time.
- Representative must be at least 16 years of age.
- Improper use of the credential may subject the Representative to immediate removal from the stadium/arena and revocation of future credentialing for the Agency and Representative.
- By accepting the credential and attending the Event, the Representative agrees for himself/herself and for the Agency that he/she has read this Agreement, that he/she understands the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that he/she agrees to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.